Second International Conference on Climate, Sustainability and Sustainable Development in semiarid regions – ICID
Fortaleza, Ceara, Brésil, from 16 August 2010 to 20 August 2010
Organized around four themes, ICID 2010 will generate, consolidate and synthesize the knowledge of climate change, vulnerability, impacts, adaptive responses of society and sustainable development in arid and semi-arid lands, translating this knowledge into effective public policy recommendations and agendas for research directed in support of improved policy making and implementation. The analytic work to accomplish these goals includes:
- to identify measures to reduce vulnerability and enhance adaptation,
- to map these measures to appropriate policies and institutions for intervention at various scales of ecological, social, economic and political organization.
That work is to be divided into the following four thematic areas:
- climate information,
- climate and sustainable development,
- climate and governance: representation, rights, equity and justice,
- climate policy processes.
Jean Loup GUYOT : email@example.com