The IRD (Institut de recherche pour le développement) is a French research organism, original and unique on the European development research scene.
Emphasizing interdisciplinarity, the IRD has focused its research for over 65 years on the relationship between man and its environment, in Africa, Mediterranean, Latin America, Asia and the French tropical overseas territories.
Its research, training and innovation activities are intended to contribute to the social, economic and cultural development of southern countries.
IRD latest news
- PEERS-IRD/AIRD Seminar "Globalisation, internal migrations and risks of public health in Vietnam" 09 May 2013 Learn more
- Projects of the 2013 Bio-Asia program involving IRD teams have been launched 25 March 2013 Learn more
- Malaria: a vector infecting both apes and humans 19 March 2013 Learn more
- The dramatic retreat of the Andean glaciers over the last 30 years 07 February 2013 Learn more
- On the trail of the coral-killing starfish 19 December 2012 Learn more
- Who deforested Central Africa: Man or climate? 07 November 2012 Learn more
- Kick-off meeting of the research project SEAe 24 September 2012 Learn more