The IRD (Institut de recherche pour le développement) is a French research organism, original and unique on the European development research scene.
Emphasizing interdisciplinarity, the IRD has focused its research for over 65 years on the relationship between man and its environment, in Africa, Mediterranean, Latin America, Asia and the French tropical overseas territories.
Its research, training and innovation activities are intended to contribute to the social, economic and cultural development of southern countries.
IRD latest news
- Call for papers - 2nd CIST "Frontiers and boundaries of territorial sciences" conference / Deadline 25th of September 2013 20 September 2013 Learn more
- Anopheles mosquitoes - New insights into malaria vectors 17 September 2013 Learn more
- Dengue fever, chikungunya: a potential vector discovered in Mayotte 12 September 2013 Learn more
- A group of French scientists from CIRAD and IRD are teaming to respond to the global threat of cassava diseases in Africa and the rest of the world 19 August 2013 Learn more
- CIRAD, IRD, INRA and the CGIAR Research Programme on Roots, Tubers and Bananas (RTB) formalize global partnership 06 August 2013 Learn more
- Between the water and fire of Peruvian volcanoes 23 July 2013 Learn more
- Explaining cancer to better prevent it 13 June 2013 Learn more