Quality higher education and continuing education are prerequisites for conducting high-level research in Southern countries.
In connection with the reinforcement of research capacities, IRD proposes a training programme carried out by IRD laboratories and their Southern counterparts: Base-building projects for training in the South (PSF-South)
The objectives of the PSF-South are to:
- Contribute to the training of students, teacher-researchers, researchers, engineers and technicians from Southern countries.
- Strengthen university sites policies in the North and the South and their mutual links.
- Enrich by training research projects or IRD research partnership programme (JEAI, LMI, GDRI-South).
The PSF programme has two components:
- Support to institutions from the higher education and research (ESR in French) in the South (masters, schools and doctoral colleges).
To support institutions, projects must involve one or more French or European universities, in coherence with the IRD site policies.
- Support for North/South research teams (research training schools, transversal workshops, production of digital resources).
For this second component, it is possible for this type of project to take place in the North (France or elsewhere). However, they must closely associate academic and scientific partners from the South in their set-up and implementation.
- Deadline for application : 31 August 2020.
- Terms of reference : in English and French
- Application form : in English and French
The complete application must be sent only in electronic form to the Unit Director of the IRD laboratory co-applicant.
The Training Capacity Building Service (SRC) is at the disposal of the applicants for any questions on the preparation of the application.