In the context of the launch of the international research network RESET GGW which will take place from 25 to 27 April in Djibouti, IRD is organizing an hybrid live press event on Tuesday 25 April at 9:30 am (10:30 am, Djibouti time).
The launch of the international research network (IRN) RESET GGW will take place from April 25 to 27 in Djibouti. Coordinated by French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD), this interdisciplinary network of French and foreign laboratories aims to provide a framework for mobilization for the sustainable management of land and territories in the area of the Great Green Wall (GGW).
Placed under the high patronage of the Ministry of Higher Education and Research of Djibouti (MENSUR), this event will bring together for two days the key actors of the implementation of the Great Green Wall to promote multi-actor exchanges in order to develop the mobilization of the scientific community and to bring out interdisciplinary projects.
10:30-10:50 - Speeches:
- Nabil Mohamed Ahmed, Minister of Higher Education and Research (Djibouti)
- Valérie Verdier, President and CEO of IRD
- Jalludin Mohamed, Director General of the Centre d’étude et de recherche de Djibouti (CERD)
- Thiam Sakhoudia, Pan African Agency for the Great Green Wall (PAAGW)
- Oumarou Malam Issa, Director of Research at IRD (Soil Science)
From 10:50 - Q&A session with medias