In Malagasy, “Mianatra” means “to learn”. The aim of this project is to improve university education in order to meet requirements for socio-economic and environmental expertise in the sea and fishing sectors.
Marc Léopold (UMR Entropie) and Lanto Ranivoarivelo from IH-SM (University of Toliara, located in the south-west of the island) are the sponsors of this project to consolidate capacity in terms of lecturer-researchers, and therefore of their students. The project reinforces the LMI MIKAROKA.
Specifically, the Mianatra action plan for consolidating capacity encompasses around fifteen projects (around half of which involve mobility) in the sectors of fishing, scientific communication and expression, and tools for analysis and methodology (SIG, Zotero, training in the search for research financing, identifying marine species, sampling, etc.).
- Improve the training of lecturer-researchers at the Institut Halieutique et Sciences Marines
- Enrich the curriculum of the master’s degree in fisheries science at the University of Toliara
- Agrocampus Ouest
- University of Antananarivo
- Université de Bretagne Occidentale
- University of Reunion Island
- University of Toliara