The Tany Vao Summer University in Social Sciences in West Africa and Madagascar brings together around a hundred participants and over 20 partners every year. The aim of this school is to provide high-level education in research and to meet demanding requirements in terms of methods, supervision and networking.
Sponsored by François Roubaud and Mireille Razafindrakoto (UMR DIAL), the school addresses a different economic and social issue every year, in order to inform politicians and foment public debate.
Tany Vao allows doctorate students and young researchers from West Africa and Madagascar to network via a multidisciplinary approach combining contributions from various social sciences: economics, social anthropology, history, linguistics, geography, political sciences, statistics, etc.
This university stands out thanks to its close partnerships with local institutions, whether data producers (national institutes, ministries and NGOs), the academic world (universities, colleges and research centres) and political decision-makers in civil society (associations and public institutions).
- High-level education in research
- Meet requirements for supervision, methods and networking
- Promote the connection between scientific research and the non-academic world
- World Bank
- French Embassy in Madagascar
- World Bank
- COEF Ressources
- Graduate Institute Geneva
- INSTAT Madagascar
- MESUPRES Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research of Madagascar
- UN MOST Management of Social Transformations Programme
- University of Antananarivo
- Université Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne
- University of Toamasina